Pages

Dienstag, 11. November 2014

1936 Pyjamas

A few days after purchasing my 1930s Frohne Modell Album I started sewing my new Pyjamas. My first Pyjamas to sew, as a matter of fact.
As described the procedure to enlarge the patterns is requiring a special tool, which has been provided by Frohne as well. Since I purchased the tool along with some 1950s Albums last year I wasn't worried until I opened the 30s pattern to discover that the scale must have been changed...
So I tried to calculate/ measure/ guess on the new dimensions and made a muslin mock up. Honestly I am not overly fond of making mock-ups, but with that much guesswork I just had to do it.

To save fabric I only scaled up and made half the pyjama (right side only - good thing there are no pictures of that!).
The legs of the trousers were way to big, but the only thing needing adjustments on the blouse were the sleeves.

Please do excuse the lack of fotos, since I was in kind of a hurry to finish it. Only three days after starting the pattern I went on a trip and I sure wanted to wear my new pyjamas!

Here they are:

These Pyjamas are super comfy and I just love the puff sleeves and the bow!





The blouse is closing with three mother of pearl buttons and a tie-belt. Since I tried hard to match the pattern it is kind of difficult to see on this picture, but there is one patch pocket on each side.
The trousers have an elastic set into the waistband and no other closure.

The fabric used is cotton poplin with a 3% content of spandex. I believe this is not so accurate, but it is truly comfortable!

So from now on I can sleep and dream myself into my own Alternative Universe (lot's of gorgeous dresses, you bet!)


The Challenge facts:

1936 Pyjamas

The Challenge: #20 HSF Alternative Universe
Fabric: 4m cotton poplin- 3% spandex
Pattern: Fohne Modelle 78/36
Year: 1936
Notions: 3 mother of pearl buttons, polyester thread
How historically accurate is it? The spandex content isn't accurate, but the rest is spot on!
Hours to complete: about 15 hours
First worn: 22nd of October 2014 - lots of good dreams that night!
Total cost: 37,40€ for the fabric, 1,95€ for the buttons



 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

fashion plate