Pages

Sonntag, 17. November 2013

Corset storage

The pile of corsets in my wardrobe is constantly growing and I keep wondering how corsets are supposed to be stored when not in use... Some say it is best to hang them, but I don't have that much space left on my clothes rail.
Since corsets have been sold in boxes back then I figured I should make some boxes for my corsets.

This is a corset shop pictured in 1908. I found the picture here . Look at all the boxes!

To start I bought some white cardboard for 2€/ sheet. One sheet is big enough for two boxes, so the cost for each box will be 1€. The first corset to be stored away is a long 1910 corset and after measuring I decided the finished box should have these measurements: 7cm x 10cm x 50cm.
 
And this is, how it looks

measuring and cutting

folding the edges

finished box


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

fashion plate